Expert Review on Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Stay informed on the management of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML). This Expert Review features a discussion and downloadable slides focusing on recent updates in CML. Discussion focuses on the options for first-line treatment of CML, options for sequencing the approved tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs), and how comorbidities and adverse events influence treatment decisions.
Elias Jabbour, MDThe University of Texas
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, Texas, United States
François-Xavier Mahon, MD, PhDInstitut Bergonié
- Front-line treatment of CML
- Sequencing TKIs in CML
- Common adverse events associated with TKIs
- The role of comorbidities in selecting appropriate treatment of CML
After successful completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the efficacy of second‐generation TKIs for CML therapy in first‐line treatment
- Distinguish the tolerability profiles of available TKIs in order to effectively manage adverse events and select appropriate therapy based on patient preference and underlying comorbidities
- Identify best practices with respect to monitoring responses and when to switch TKI therapy
This educational activity is designed for Ex‐US oncologists, hematologists, and other healthcare professionals involved and/or interested in the management of patients with CML.