View downloadable slides from our satellite symposium held at ELCC 2018 in Geneva for medical oncologists and other professionals involved in the treatment of patients with lung cancer. Get the latest updates on immunotherapeutic treatment options and the management of immune-related adverse events.
Apr 17, 2018
Apr 17, 2019
- Fabrice Barlesi, MD, PhD, Assitance Publique , Hôpitaux De Marseille, Marseille, France
Use of immune checkpoint inhibitors in advanced NSCLC: Successes and challenges
- Martin Reck, MD, PhD, LungenClinic Grosshansdorf, Grosshansdorf, Germany
Next steps in NSCLC management: Integrating immunotherapy combinations in clinical practice
- Solange Peters, MD, PhD, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
This educational activity is specifically designed to meet the needs of medical oncologists and other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of patients with lung cancer.
After successful completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Select the optimal immunotherapy approach for patients with advanced NSCLC, and assess the role of PD-L1 expression and other emerging biomarkers for response to immunotherapy
- Explain patterns of response to immunotherapy and manage specific immune-related adverse events
- Describe emerging immunotherapy combination strategies and how to integrate them in clinical practice
This educational activity is supported by F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
INDEPENDENT MEDICAL EDUCATION (IME)
This IME activity is organized by prIME Oncology. This activity provides content that is evidence-based, balanced, and free of commercial bias, with a primary objective to improve competence and performance of learners in order to improve patient care.
This activity is provided by prIME Oncology.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouses/life partners have with commercial interest related to the content of this activity:
Dr Barlesi has disclosed that he has received honoraria or consultation fees from AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Clovis, Eli Lilly Oncology, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Merck, Novartis, MSD, Pierre Fabre, and Pfizer. He has agreed to disclose any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or products referenced in his presentation.
Dr Peters has no relevant financial relationship to disclose. She has agreed to disclose any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or products referenced in her presentation.
Dr Reck has disclosed that he has received honoraria or consultation fees from AstraZeneca, BMS, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Celgene, Lilly, Merck, MSD, Novartis, Pfizer, and Roche/Genentech. He has also participated in company-sponsored speaker’s bureaus for AstraZeneca, BMS, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Celgene, Lilly, Merck, MSD, Novartis, Pfizer, and Roche/Genentech. He has agreed to disclose any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or products referenced in his presentation.
The employees of prIME Oncology have disclosed:
- Bojana Pajk, MD (medical director content reviewer/planner) – no relevant financial relationships
- Sanneke Koekkoek, RN (scientific content reviewer/planner) – no relevant financial relationships
- Heather Tomlinson, ELS (editorial content reviewer) – no relevant financial relationships
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patients’ conditions and possible contraindications or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
Disclosure Regarding Unlabeled Use
This activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the US Food and Drug Administration or European Medicines Agency. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product discussed for discussions of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.