Adjuvant mFOLFIRINOX, New Standard of Care for Resectable Pancreatic Cancer

The most common treatment approach for patients with resectable pancreatic cancer is surgery, followed by six cycles of adjuvant chemotherapy with gemcitabine or, more recently, with gemcitabine/capecitabine in combination. Unfortunately, the majority of patients relapse within two years, highlighting a need for improved treatment options for early stage pancreatic cancer. At the 2018 American Society […]

Read More

Clinically Meaningful Progression-Free Survival Benefit With Ribociclib and Fulvestrant in Advanced HR-Positive Breast Cancer

In recent years, cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 (CDK 4/6) inhibitors have become standard of care in combination with endocrine therapy for patients with hormone receptor (HR)-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced breast cancer (ABC). Ribociclib is a CDK 4/6 inhibitor that has recently been approved, in combination with an aromatase inhibitor, for first-line […]

Read More

Practice-Changing Results From TAILORx Trial in Early Breast Cancer

For women with node-negative, hormonal receptor (HR)-positive, human epidermal growth factor 2 (HER2)-negative, early breast cancer, the 21-gene recurrence score (RS) assay can be used to predict risk of recurrence and to tailor treatment. Patients with low RS (0-10) have low risk of recurrence when treated with endocrine therapy alone, while patients with high RS […]

Read More

Upfront Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Not Needed Before Targeted Therapy in mRCC

For patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC), initial treatment typically includes cytoreductive nephrectomy followed by angiogenesis inhibitor therapy. While retrospective analyses have historically shown that patients who receive a nephrectomy have prolonged survival compared to those who do not, no study has directly compared nephrectomy and targeted therapy in patients newly diagnosed with mRCC. […]

Read More

Optimizing Treatment for Patients With Relapsed Multiple Myeloma

Optimizing Treatment for Patients With Relapsed Multiple Myeloma At the 2018 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting, cutting edge research and paradigm-changing data were presented across different tumor types, including multiple myeloma. Some of the new findings from the phase III clinical trials in relapsed refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM) will likely impact current […]

Read More

2018 Oncology Annual Meeting Phase III Trial Data You Can’t Miss

The 2018 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting begins tomorrow at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago, Illinois. More than 39,000 participants from around the world are expected to attend this meeting to share the latest advances in cutting edge oncology research and patient care over the next five days. The theme […]

Read More

Atezolizumab + Cobimetinib Effective in Microsatellite-Stable CRC

Immunotherapy with antibodies targeting programmed death receptor 1 (PD-1) and its ligand (PD-L1) has changed the standard of care for many tumor types, including metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) with high levels of microsatellite instabilities (MSI-H). Unfortunately, only around 5% of patients with mCRC have an MSI-H genotype, while the remaining 95% are microsatellite stable (MSS). […]

Read More

HCC-Nivolumab-prime-oncology

Impressive Antitumor Activity With Pembrolizumab in Unresectable, Previously Treated HCC

Advanced, unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is an aggressive, difficult-to-treat disease with poor prognosis and short survival time. Until recently, sorafenib was the only approved treatment option for this malignancy. However, treatment options expanded in 2017 with the approval of the multikinase inhibitor regorafenib and the first immunotherapy, the PD-1 inhibitor nivolumab, for patients progressing on […]

Read More

CAR T Cells Continue to Impress in Refractory B-Cell Lymphoma

One of the biggest breakthroughs of 2017 was the approval of two novel chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T-cell) therapies, tisagenlecleucel and axicabtagene ciloleucel, for the treatment of certain B-cell hematologic malignancies. CAR T cells represent the next generation of immunotherapy and continue to be an area of active research. At the 2017 American Society […]

Read More

brentuximab-vedotin-effective-in-CTCL-prIME-oncology

Mogamulizumab Shines in Relapsed Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma

Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL) is a less common subtype of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) for which there are relatively few effective treatment options. Mogamulizumab is a monoclonal antibody targeting chemokine receptor 4 (CCR4), a receptor that is frequently overexpressed on CTCL cells. In a phase I/II trial, mogamulizumab was found to be safe and effective in […]

Read More